Participants involved in any activities offered by Badger CrossFit may be photographed or videotaped during training. The undersigned hereby consents to the use of these photographs and/or videos without compensation, on the Badger CrossFit website or in any editorial, promotional or advertising material published and/or published by Badger CrossFit.
PLEASE NOTE: This waiver of Liability, Release, Acknowledgement of Risk, and Indemnification Agreement (“Waiver Agreement”) is intended to be, and is, legally binding. If any aspect of this Waiver Agreement requires clarification, have a Badger CrossFit employee fully explain it before signing. By signing the Badger CrossFit “Student Registration” you are agreeing to all terms set forth in this Waiver Agreement. You and/or the person on whose behalf you are signing, are waiving the right to bring any type of action, whether in court or otherwise, to recover compensation or obtain any other remedy for any personal injuries, damages to property, any accident or incident of any type, or death, arising out of or related to your use of Badger CrossFit facilities, grounds, exercise areas, classes, equipment, whether the use is supervised or unsupervised. While Badger CrossFit offers these activities in a controlled environment, there is still an assumed risk of injury to persons using Badger CrossFit and all services, activities, classes, courses, workshops, seminars. In agreeing to this Waiver Agreement, I hereby acknowledge, understand, and agree on my behalf, or upon behalf of the participant for whom I am signing, that the use of Badger CrossFit, its facilities, equipment, classes and/or participating in activities sponsored by Badger CrossFit have inherent risks. These risks include, but are not limited to, any injury of damage resulting from:
Negligence of employees, volunteer assistants, independent contractors of Badger CrossFit,
Negligent misuse of the facility, or equipment of Badger CrossFit; falling off or impacting against any impact surface, floors, or anything else; rope abrasion, entanglement or other activities occurring on the premises; cuts or abrasions resulting from any cause whatsoever; failure of equipment, whether inside or outside; personal health problems, whether mental or physical; negligence of members, visitors, or observers or persons who may be present in or around the facility; and/or negligence or lack of adequate training of any person(s) who seek to assist with medical or other help either before or after any injury or damage may occur.
1. In consideration of being allowed to participate in the activities and programs of Badger CrossFit and to use its facilities, grounds, equipment and machinery in addition to the payment of any fee or charge, I, for myself, my heirs and assigns, hereby waive, release, and forever discharge Badger CrossFit, and their officers, agents, employees, representatives, executors and all others from any and all, responsibilities or liability from injuries or damages resulting from my or the minor participant’s (if applicable) participation in any activities or use of equipment, classes, or machinery in the above mentioned activities. I do hereby release all of those mentioned and any others acting upon their behalf from any responsibility or liability for any injury or damage to myself or the minor participant (if applicable), including those caused by the negligent act or omission of any of those mentioned or others acting on their behalf or in any way arising out of or connected with my participation in any activities of Badger CrossFit.
2. I understand and am aware that, fitness and any use of any and all equipment are all potentially hazardous activities. I also understand that fitness activities involve a risk of injury or even death, and that I or the minor participant (if applicable) are voluntarily participating in these activities and using equipment and machinery with knowledge of the dangers involved. I hereby do expressly assume and accept any and all risks of injury or death.
3. I do hereby declare myself or the minor participant (if applicable) to be physically sound and suffering from no condition, impairment, disease, infirmity, or other illness that would prevent my participation or use of equipment, facility, or machinery except as herein stated. I acknowledge that I have either had a physical examination and been given my physician’s permission to participate, or that I have decided to participate, in the activity of fitness, and the use of the equipment, and machinery without the approval of my physician and do hereby assume all responsibility for my participation and activities, and utilization of equipment and machinery in my activities.
Rhabdomyolysis Waiver and Release
Note: There is a wealth of medical and popular information regarding the condition known as Rhabdomyolysis available on the internet. It is strongly recommended that you review and evaluate information from all sources available to you, including your physician, prior to executing this Release or participating in strenuous physical activity.
1. In consideration for continued access to the training facility identified herein as Badger CrossFit, I do hereby acknowledge the significant risks associated with the physical training and programming at this facility. I, a participant or the parent or legally appointed guardian (“parent”) of a participant who is a minor, acknowledge and attest to having fully and carefully read and reviewed this “RELEASE AND WAIVER” including all subparagraphs prior to engaging in any physical activity at this facility.
2. Rhabdomyolysis (hereinafter referred to as “Rhabdo”) can occur when an individual’s physical activity is so intense that muscular cells begin to break down and the contents and/or remaining materials enter the bloodstream. Rhabdo may be caused by many other systemic or environmental causes. However, Exertional Rhabdo can occur in athletes of all levels of fitness, resulting in muscle cell destruction. The skeletal muscle breakdown impairs kidney function, as those organs are unable to handle increased enzymes that are released into the bloodstream. This induces severe physiological changes in the body. The symptoms of Rhabdo include muscle pain, stiffness and extreme weakness, darkening of the urine (similar to the color of tea or cola), decreased urine output, altered mental status, swelling of the body part involved, either with or without pain. A Rhabdo symptom is pain out of proportion to the amount of soreness that one would generally expect, and often producing pain much quicker than one would expect after a workout.
3. I understand that any concerns on my part that I or the minor participant (if applicable) are experiencing any of the symptoms of Rhabdo require immediate presentation to a hospital for emergency treatment. I acknowledge that no third party, either from the facility or otherwise, will be capable of monitoring my or the minor participant’s (if applicable) urine output or color, and it is my responsibility to be continually cognizant of this symptom and all other symptoms and to monitor them in my own and the minor participant’s (if applicable) body at all times. I agree that I will remove myself or the minor participant (if applicable) from participation and seek medical treatment should I have any concerns regarding possible symptoms of Rhabdo. I understand that statistically individuals most likely to experience Rhabdo are those who are in good shape by general standards or who were previously in good physical shape. This includes individuals who were prior athletes. I acknowledge that often the more mentally tough an athlete is and the more athletic they were in the past or currently are, the greater the risk of exposure to Rhabdo.
4. I agree to monitor myself or the minor participant (if applicable) in a manner that is proportionate to the potential injury that can be occasioned by this condition. I hereby agree and do willingly assume responsibility for any risks that I expose myself or the minor participant (if applicable) to and accept full responsibility for any injury or death that may result from participation in this significantly demanding physical activity. I for myself or the minor participant (if applicable) and on behalf of my heirs, assigns, personal representatives and/or next of kin, forever WAIVE, RELEASE, DISCHARGE and COVENANT NOT TO SUE Badger CrossFit and/or their officers, directors, representatives, partners, officials, principals, agents or employees, subsidiaries, or assigns, as well as their independent contractors.
I have read and consent/agree to all the terms and conditions herein, on behalf of myself or said minor (if applicable).